PWC Coverage PWC stands for “personal watercraft,” which is a small stand-up or sit-down craft, also called a water scooter. PWC insurance protects your investment in your personal watercraft if it is damaged or destroyed in an accident or theft. It also protects you against liability claims in the event that you cause harm to another person or their property.
Most people refer to a personal watercraft, or a PWC, by the brand name (Jet Ski®, WaveRunner® or SEADOO®). Whatever you call it, IPN can place the coverage for it.
- Loss free renewal – 5% on first renewal, 10% on successive years
- Experience – rate adjusted to reflect your boating experience
- Insuring multiple units – 10% if insuring two or more
Personal watercraft are best protected with physical damage protection for the hull, comprehensive coverage for other kinds of damage or loss, plus liability coverage. Where appropriate, a liability only policy can be written.
Market value settlement – In the event of a total loss or theft, we pay the market value (actual cash value), which includes a deduction for depreciation. For a partial loss, we pay the repair cost, minus depreciation for damaged parts. The policy deductible applies.
Medical payments – Policy includes $1,000 of coverage which can be increased up to $5,000.
- Uninsured watercraft and non-owned watercraft liability covered to $15,000 or 50% of per person watercraft liability.
- Personal effects covered to $150
- Emergency assistance and towing covered to $150 ($300 per term)
- Uninsured watercraft and non-owned watercraft liability coverage equal to per person watercraft liability
- Personal effects covered to $300
- Emergency assistance and towing covered to $250 ($500 per term)
- Trailer or boat lift – Add physical damage coverage for a trailer designed to transport your insured boat or the lift to take it out of the water.
- Watersport liability – Add protection beyond general liability.