Commercial Umbrella Coverage You’ve worked hard for the success of your business — and a single unfortunate event could put its assets at risk if the cost of a covered claim exceeds the limits of your business liability insurance.
Business umbrella insurance is critical in today’s litigious environment. People are more prone to sue a company or business professional now than ever before, particularly when they feel wronged by an organization that has (or is perceived to have) deep pockets. Business umbrella insurance provides extra liability protection to help protect your business in the event of a major law suit.
Top Reasons to Own Business Umbrella Insurance
- Your professional liability insurance can be quickly exhausted by legal defense fees
- You have significant business assets to protect
- Your company is at risk of legal claims due to the nature of the products or services you provide
- You work in a field that is prone to litigation
Business lawsuits happen every day. What is your risk? When you want to assess the likelihood of a liability claim being filed against you, and evaluate the resources you need to have in place to protect your bottom line, a chat with an independent agent who specializes in commercial insurance is a great place to start.
Many small to mid-sized businesses think that only big businesses are at risk of legal action. However it is important to know that any business can be hit with a liability claim or lawsuit. Relatively minor actions, and even a moment of inattention by one of your employees on the road, can unfortunately lead to big legal action.
Here are some examples of liability risks:
- An employee says something damaging about another person or corporate entity on a social media platform while on the job
- Advice that a staff member provides, in a consulting capacity (such as financial or tax advice) leads to a patron’s financial loss
- A business patron slips on an icy walkway or is injured falling down slippery steps
- A bartender at the local watering hole serves one too many cocktails and a customer causes a deadly accident